Location: CA, USA
One word that best describes your style: Uplifting
1. What does a typical day in your life look like?
I drop my kids at school and immediately start working in my studio. Once I'm exhausted (because it does take a lot of energy to be creative,) I go for a quick and intense bike ride to refresh my soul and spirit.
2. What does your studio look like?
My studio is a piece of art in itself. As I paint on the ground, the carpet is stained everywhere.
3. Tell us one unique thing about you / your art.
I always transform the reality into something better, more exquisite, softer. It looks like Heaven.
4. What do you love most about being an artist?
I am free to create my ideal world. Free to choose what I want to do or not do. Free to express myself.
5. Which is your favorite art piece so far and what is the story behind it?
My favorite piece of Art is "Colorful Seeds" (see pic below) which is the biggest one in my series, Seeds. I was inspired by French tapestries filled with wild animals and whimsical plants. It quickly became my signature work and I've been creating Seeds paintings for the last 20 years. They're all about fruitfulness and new life.
6. What are 3 things you can’t live without in a day?
I can't live without painting, cycling and eating good food.
7. Where do you get inspiration when you need it most?
In nature, when I go on my bike.
8. What does success look like to you?
Success is when I am able to share my gift and passion with other people, anywhere in the world.
To commission a colorful and inspiring piece by Florence De Bretagne, visit her artist page.